Derwent – XL Charcoal (6 pc)
4 in stock
Enjoy all the qualities of charcoal that you love with these chunky XL Charcoal blocks. These blocks combine charcoal with rich natural colours and are perfect for expressive mark making. Artists can create a wide variety of textures and effects by using on their side, edge or corner. Broad strokes, subtle blending, fine lines and deep tonal work are all possible as these XL blocks are easy to blend and smudge. Delivering a rapid, opaque laydown, the Derwent XL Charcoal blocks are easy to layer – even light over dark.
The charcoal is water-soluble, allowing you to experiment with even more techniques. Available in six muted shades from Sanguine and Violet to Sepia and Ochre. Naturally water-soluble you can use them on a damp surface and release lots of colour really quickly and build up layers of different colours as you go.
Suitable for wet or dry applications, and in combination with the Derwent Tinted Charcoal range for further creative possibilities
- Extra wide, chunky charcoal blocks (20mm diameter, 60mm length)
- Highly versatile and perfect for creating a wide variety of textures and effects; subtle blending, fine lines and deep tonal work
- Add water and experiment with further techniques
- Set contains 6 XL Charcoal blocks in a tin
- Colour Palette: Ochre, Sanguine, Mars Violet, Sepia, Black and White